Can hooks be included in EC002366 (Lifting eye nut)?

Last comment 02/07/2018 12:12 by Marc
· Mark as unread
Roberto Ortega 4 years ago created
Hello,

Is the class "Lifting eye nut" only for nuts that form an eye, or can it also include hooks, such as the image I attach (where the hook can get screwed the end of another piece)? This is the closest class that I've found, but I have my doubts as almost all examples (CMT / 2ba) are of an eye, not a hook. It would be like a "Lifting hook nut".

Thanks,

Roberto
Marc Habets 4 years ago created
The class is designed for 'eyes' only, by the way they are not only used for lifting but also to secure ropes etc. I can't find a more fitting class for your hook type yet, nor can I find similar products. Can you give some more info (link)? Is it (only) used for lifting? 
Roberto Ortega 4 years ago created
Hello Marc,

Here you have more information: https://www.celo-apolo.es/en/installations-accessories/2047-hook-metric-thread-gan.html

It's "designed to use with threaded rod or towel screw TF M6". And it's as a "hook to fix cable and to fix signals".

Thanks very much,

Roberto
Marc Habets 4 years ago created
Dear Roberto, I did another attempt to find a fitting existing class, but did not succeed. A change to EC002366 - Lifting eye nut could be possible, but far from ideal, since it is a hook and not an eye! So best would be a new class, which you customer could ask if he is affiliated with one of the local ETIM organizations.