What is the correct class for an "Automatic Transfer switch"?

Last comment 28/08/2018 10:07 by Marc
· Mark as unread
Roberto Ortega 4 years ago created

Hope everyone is having a good summer :)

I have the following product: https://www.salicru.com/en/ups/sps-ats.html, which is an automatic transfer switch (Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_switch). 

The most relevant class I have found in ETIM is EC012357 "AC transfer system", one of the synonyms in English is "transfer switch". However, this class is only found in the Maritime (M) sector. Does this product only apply to boats?

Other possibilities I see for this product (but which are not that exact) could be EC002850 (Accessory for UPS), or EC000216 (Switch disconnector - however, in this last case are we talking about only about a switch to turn on/off, or also a switch to change the energy supply origin?).

Thanks very much,

Marc Habets 4 years ago created
Hi Roberto, I believe you might be looking for EC012357 - AC transfer system, a class that is now only used for the shipbuilding sector. https://prod.etim-international.com/Class/Details?classId=EC012357&classVersion=2
Roberto Ortega 4 years ago created
Hello Marc,

Yes, I was also thinking about EC012357 - AC Transfer System. However, as it is only in the shipbuilding sector, can we also use this class if the product we are classifying is used outside the shibuilding sector?


Marc Habets 4 years ago created
Added class to electrical sector as well. Just have to think if it should stay in group for shipbuilding products or be moved to another group. RFC see https://prod.etim-international.com/Rfc/Details?classId=EC012357&classVersion=3&rfcId=26337
Join the conversation
You have to be a registered user to join the conversation.
Topic started 23 August 2018 at 11:47
Reader count 5
Comment count 4